The Condado Plaza Hilton
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The main goal of this one-day local meeting is to start a forum in the Island for the discussion of the most current findings in the cancer field, highlighting the latest and most exciting discoveries in every area of cancer research, and to provide a unique opportunity for investigators from Puerto Rico to meet, network, and forge new scientific relations.
- Bring together researchers currently working in the field of Cancer in Puerto Rico.
- Promote basic sciences and clinical research in cancer prevention and treatment in Puerto Rico.
- Provide undergraduate and graduate students a forum to share their research work in a national venue.
- Strengthen networking and collaborative efforts across local universities and among graduate and undergraduate students.
- Promote the interaction and networking between early career scientists and experts in cancer field.
Dr. Elaine T. Alarid
Department of Oncology
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Dianne Cox
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Dr. Alvaro Monteiro
Moffitt Cancer Center
University of South Florida
Dr. Edna Mora
Puerto Rico Cancer Center
UPR – Medical Sciences Campus
Dr. Tobias Schatton
Harvard Medical School
Dr. Barbara Segarra
Dean of School of Health Professions
Director Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program